Tuesday, April 17, 2012


Hello

Hmmmm finally did it!!!*doingmyfavoritedance* Have been promising myself I was going to start a blog for like forever. So after countless encouragements from my sister, being bored out of my mind and realizing I was tired of bottling up my feelingsssssssssss here it is. Well this is my first post and hopefully not the last, I ll try and be faithful *fingerscrossed*

After searching for a Nigerian blog that I can read and relate with and couldn't find any I decided to do this. Don't get me wrong there are some really cool and funny Naija blogs out there (will mention them later, now is my time). Being HIV positive makes you think really hard about life. When U hear about the disease Ur like it ll never get close to me but..........hey stranger things have happened. It was like a joke when I was diagnosed 6 yrs ago (wow how time flies). I did what I do best, ignored it and said Naija medical system is crap and continued living...........then I almost died. THAT WOKE ME UP!!!!! I wasn't on medication for over 4 yrs but I guess I was careless about my health cause I found out about people who have been positive far longer than I have and still not on ARV's.

I will talk about living with this blasted disease, how it affects our everyday choices, hopes and dreams. Now am not an expert on it but I can point those of us with it in the right direction in terms of information and also hope to educate those that are negative not to discriminate. We are still humans and need all the love and support we can get.

The most annoying and terrible aspect of this illness to me is not the fact that its incurable or the stigmatization that comes with it, its the LONELINESS that does me in, omg its awful, U feel like you are alone in the world regardless of the fact that there are millions just like you. The feeling is indescribable. I thank God for my family (none of my so called friends know) without them I think I would be no more.

My next post will be how I contacted the disease.......am sure U want to know how......well like my beloved peeps would say ...........watch out for part 2 ;)


8 comments:

  1. Wow nice, keep the blog alive

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. You must have an amazing family. I look forward to readding more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep writing, it helps. I wish you all the best:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you part of a support group? I heard that helps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Support group in Naija?? I haven't found any oooo. I don look tire. if u know any kindly refer me, would be most grateful.

      Delete
  5. God!am a guy 20 yrs i need a wife/gal 17-21 ready to be committed.am positive 08093393839 dats ma numba am serious.call me pls

    ReplyDelete