Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Happy New Year!!!!!!

Yes, happy new year.

My mum says whenever u decide to wake up is your morning, even if u wake up by 1pm she says good morning, so this is the new year for me.

Na wa ooo e don tey!! So many things have happened since the last time I came here, all good things of cos thank God.
Was looking back to just a year ago and realized how much had changed for me. This time last year I was going thru a lot. I had just ended a relationship cos the other party suddenly realized that he had other options. It wasn't the fact that the relationship was over that hurt the most, it was that I had lost a good friend. We were actually great friends before we started dating and I remember telling him that if it doesn't  work out we would never be as close but I guess he didn't understand what I meant. I know some people will say why can't u guys remain friends but its just not the same cos see finish has entered the matter. At the same time I am not saying that best friends haven't had a successful relationship I know a few who have tried and it worked out well for them, mine just didn't.

I remember at this time last year when I said to myself maybe I should just do as my sisters want and relocate seeing as their wasn't many options open to me in this country. They had already made moves for me to come settle down with them and I thot maybe i suld, but i really didn't want to (In as much as Nigeria is going tru alot i still prefer to live here) But considering that the medical care was much better, the rate of discrimination wasn't too bad and had attended a few support group meetings when i was there and it felt wonderful to meet so many people that  i didn't feel so alone I was greatly moved to take the leap.

But really everything works for good to them that love God. I would never have believed that I would be where I am today. Out of nowhere I meet the greatest man alive. At first I didn't dare to dream that it would amount to much, i kept a great part of myself hidden but when I realized that we were both beginning to feel something for each other I thot kai I don't want to go thru what i just came out of again so instead of being hurt one more time let me just get rid of him by telling him i was positive, so before he even asked me out I told him.

I thot now that's done and over with. But thru out that day he kept asking me questions which I wasn't ready to answer so i just referred him to my blog. Didn't think i would see him again after that but after work he came over and we gisted like normal. At that point i just thot ok so now i have a good friend thank God. But we became much more than friends. I remember asking him some months later what we were doing cos it looked like we were dating but he didn't actually ask me and he said well we are always together and have become quite close that to the best of his knowledge we were dating. I just laughed and called him a dry man, is that how they ask people out? But i was really glad and so began the best relationship a girl could ask for and within a period of 4 months he proposed. : )))))

My introduction was last Saturday and Thor (yes Thor. babe u know u r hotter than him na) has made me the happiest lady alive....................................................

So how, when and where did we meet? that's a post for another day

It can only get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment